A Telling Tale- Part II (The last on the blog..rest to be continued somewhere else)

The next morning I got up pretty early, probably with a hangover from previous day's incidence. I kept myself dragging on bed till it was time for routine work.

I checked my phone. Had got a reply.

Ya..fine.

Nothing else was there. I left for the college. There was an eerie feeling. I must say I was a bit shaken out of my hitherto cordoned off heart. Love? I didn't know.

By the time I reached college, class had already started.

May I come in- I asked Ma'am and was let in.

She was in another class. My mind wandered in thoughts of her and was constantly looking for a break to meet her. As happens with all guys, I was just present in body in the class, mind was with her.

As soon as class got over, I searched for her like mad, ignoring everyone. And yes, without a slightest sight of emotional convulsion. I did not want anyone to mouth speculations.

Before I could find her, Sahil came to me and hugged me.

Hey Brother..What's up?

I kind of tried to ignore him. Just faking a smile I was about to turn around that he said in a flash.

I just love her dude...She is damn pretty sweet.

F**k. Not again. Now all my attention veered towards him. I was speechless. Not because I was shocked but irritation I would say. I don't know what that feeling could be called as. But yes.. I was just not in the mood to talk to him.

By the time I could react while Sahil was all smiles, I saw her coming towards us.

Hello. She said. to both of us I guess.

I reciprocated by a smile but I was not in my senses. I didn't know what to do. Whether to be jealous  or protective or possessive or obsessive or just as usual friendly.

After a brief talk Sahil bade bye to both of us. I was just observing Sahil and her till then. Completely confused. I could not even get their conversation.

How are you..? I asked her.

Ya..fine. She said. Without any apprehension or mild thought.

I was all the more now disturbed. Has she forgotten everything that happened yesterday. Why is she acting like this..?

Now just out of curiosity I said to her.

So he(Sahil) loves you madly. Just right before you came here we were talking about you. He is insanely in love with you. With a sneering smile on my face and a heavy burning heart I told this in a go.

She didn't give any immediate reaction. Just a smile. Smile of appreciation as someone gets I would say. I could not figure out what it meant.

Yaa.. I know. I have told him earlier too and couple of times. We are just friends. There is nothing more. She said.

I was still listening with all patience and straight looking in to her eyes. Though she was looking down and up repeatedly.

After a very short pause and suddenly looking into my eyes she said.

Just like you and me.

This line made me go numb and my eyes didn't blink for a while. It was as if a thundering slap on my face. Just like you and me. The words and line kept buzzing in my ears.

I didn't give any reaction.

Is she joking..? I thought to myself.

There was a brief pause in between now.

No. Her face didn't show up anything as such.

Before I could say something she said bye to me and went away with her friends who had gathered by that time near around us.

Hey dude..does she have any affair with Sahil..? They are sitting so close and kind of complete unaware of others..so engrossed in each other. It seems sisterf***er, they are gonna f**k eachother right there in the middle of classroom god damn f**kers. - A friend (not close though but knew me from our wide circle of acquaintances) said pretty much non nonchalantly and with utmost callousness(probably as guys do). He was in the same class as of Sahil and Her. And burst out laughing and with him others too, who had accumulated by then for gossips. Talks like this always tickle everyone's bone.

But then what about me. I was again caught off guard. Something pierced my heart. Neither could I reprimand them nor could bear their laughing.

Hey bugger. What's with you. Let's go. Someone from the group laughingly told me.

I was yet to hold my breath of calmness.

No.. you go. I am coming. Need to meet computer HOD. Motherf**ker has deducted my attendance and has called me. I said to them. Sometimes swearing heals your pain.

I needed some time to think and recuperate from the turmoil within me.

holy f**k..show your ass to that bloody ass****..that man is shittt. They vented their anger as happens in every university/college.

I just nodded in agreement and distanced myself from them.

Now I was inundated in many questions that kept propping up.

Did she get a memory loss..?

What is it all about between Sahil and her..?

Why am I so worried..?

Am I in love..?

Am I reacting too much..?

Why is she behaving like this..?

Does she love Sahil.?

Then why did she say they are just friends..?

Why did she let me kiss her..?

Why did she mention me and herself as just friends..?
Why did she say that out of the blue..?

Is she trying to avoid me..?

Or is she trying to know my feelings..?

Am I now just her friend or more than that..?

But then how can I be in love..? I have never been serious..!!
I tried to console myself. or kind of reason myself to understand what I was going through actually.


Now badly I needed a drink. and left college soon.









Comments

  1. Well crafted. A blend of internal emotions and exterior behaviour. This piece is something any one can relate with.. Everybody...and i use this word with confidence..everybody truly lives such lives day in day out.
    Person can have n number of thoughts inside them but can be simple straightforward pale faced guy for the outside world.
    Awaiting the next part sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why anyone allows or make you belive to feel for them or gives false commitments, if they are about to leave you or decline the belief of someones love that someone could never believe in love again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment