A prologue to a telling tale


Did you know that I liked you..? I asked her.

Yes. She said.
But why didn't you tell me before..?? She asked with her wet eyes glancing at mine in low-pitched voice that perhaps only my ears could listen and heart could sense.

Because I knew this relationship had no future. It would have gone kaput in the middle of the courtship. And I just knew we both could not have borne the brunt of this separation. I said holding her hand in my hand.

But why..? She asked by now with tears rolling down her cheeks and teardrops dripping over my hand.

Because I knew marriage was just not possible. We had no life together. You even know that.
I said.

I hugged and kissed her holding her cheeks firm with both my palms and tears just kept rolling down our lips profusely.

Wish you a happy married life. I whispered in her ear.

And a lifelong bachelorhood.. I said to myself.


Comments